During pregnancy, everyone wants to eat something or the other, in the first month, the pregnant woman feels like eating mostly sour things. One of these citrus items is amla, which looks exactly like lemon and is also called super fruit. This dark green fruit is sour-sweet in taste.
Let us know whether you can eat amla (gooseberry) in pregnancy or not and if you can eat it, how is it beneficial in pregnancy?
Amla can be eaten during pregnancy
Doctors often advise to eat amla during pregnancy. Vitamin C, antioxidants, iron, calcium and phosphorus are found in abundance in this fruit. Amla has so many properties that it has been used as an Ayurvedic medicine since ancient times. Amla is also found in plenty of fiber which gives strength to women during pregnancy.
- Benefits of eating amla during pregnancy
- Disadvantages of eating Amla during pregnancy
- How and how to eat Amla during pregnancy
- Precautions for eating Amla during pregnancy
1. Benefits of eating amla during pregnancy
Amla is usually available in sufficient quantities throughout India and it can also be preserved in powder form without losing the medicinal properties and nutrients of the gooseberry.
Following are the benefits to both mother and baby during pregnancy:
- Amla is an antioxidant that enhances the immune system. It contains sufficient amount of Vitamin C which protects against flu and urinary tract infections.
- Amla is also helpful in making milk in the woman’s body after delivery.
- The fiber found in amla is also beneficial in regular stomach cleansing, which does not cause constipation.
- Constipation and hemorrhoids are common disorders in pregnancy, so the fiber found in amla prevents all these problems.
- Amla reduces indigestion and acidity and helps digest food.
- The abundance of vitamin C in amla helps to thin the blood vessels, which makes BP normal.
- The sour-sweet taste of amla helps control nausea which is common in the first trimester of pregnancy.
- Morning sickness is reduced by drinking Amla juice or eating it raw and the body gets rejuvenated.
- Amla is a good source of calcium which is important for the development of baby bones and teeth.
- Amla also reduces swelling of hands and feet during pregnancy.
- Amla contains antioxidants, which increases the amount of water in the body, causing frequent urination. It helps to flush out the toxins from the body.
2. Disadvantages of eating Amla during pregnancy
Amla is a beneficial fruit for pregnant women, but overeating can cause indigestion, constipation and diarrhea. Stomach can also worsen. Therefore, eating limited amount of gooseberry is beneficial.
Also in some circumstances, gooseberry should not be eaten:
- If a pregnant has a cold and cough, it should not be eaten, because it is cold.
- Amla is also harmful in cases of diarrhea because it has laxative properties (diarrheal properties).
3. How and how to eat Amla during pregnancy
During pregnancy, one or two fresh gooseberry fruits should be eaten daily. If you are taking Amla in powder form, then take one spoon of Amla powder. Amla or Amla juice should be taken during pregnancy. You can remove the gooseberry pulp at home and mix it in water for drinking. About 5 ml to 10 ml of amla juice can be taken per day. Amla can be eaten as pickles, juices, salads etc.
4. Precautions for eating Amla during pregnancy
Take the following precautions while eating Amla in pregnancy:
- Packaged Amla juice should not be drunk.
- The use of gooseberry is not beneficial even if suffering from cold, cough and diarrhea.
Before making any food a part of the mother’s diet, it must be checked for its advantages and disadvantages (if any), it will be good for both mother and child. The diet consumed by the mother has more impact on the baby growing in the womb than the mother.
Amla is not only healthy but also beneficial for pregnant women. It is used in the treatment of many diseases and it gives strength to the body, so it is advisable to eat amla during pregnancy.
The time of pregnancy is very important. What women eat during pregnancy directly affects the child. During this time, it is very important to have a good and nutritious diet to keep the body healthy and healthy. During pregnancy, the body of women needs more nutrients. Therefore, at this time, women should take such a diet that can nourish not only them but also the baby. At this time, coffee, tea, cold drinks and external food should be avoided, if the mother’s body gets more caffeine then it will affect the child’s development.