In pregnancy, a balanced diet is very important for the health of the child as well as the mother. Many physical changes occur in the body during pregnancy. Therefore, it is necessary to know which foods can be included in the diet and which things should be avoided.
|It is safe to eat chicken during pregnancy or not?|
Chicken during pregnancy
Today we will know whether to eat chicken during pregnancy or not? If one should eat chicken during pregnancy, what are the advantages and disadvantages of eating chicken?
Chicken is one of the foods that a pregnant woman is advised to consume as it is a good source of protein and also provides other essential vitamins and minerals.
Chicken is one of the most nutritious food that contains protein and nine different types of amino acids. Chicken is low in fat, due to which eating chicken does not increase obesity, which is considered a rich source of essential nutrients for the pregnant woman.
Chicken made for pregnant woman should be cooked well. Eating raw or undercooked chicken should be avoided as it is contaminated with bacteria called listeria. Which can cause listeriosis infection. Listeria bacteria can be destroyed by heating chicken above 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Benefits of eating chicken during pregnancy
- Disadvantages of eating chicken in pregnancy
- How and how to eat chicken during pregnancy
- Precautions to eat chicken during pregnancy
1. Benefits of eating chicken during pregnancy
Following are some benefits of eating chicken while pregnant:
- Chicken is a good source of niacin or vitamin B3 which helps in brain development and keeping the brain healthy.
- Eating chicken early in pregnancy helps in healthy development of the unborn baby.
- Chicken contains nine essential amino acids that build muscles and strengthen them.
- Chicken fat is low which provides essential nutrients and prevents the manufacture of waste fat.
- Consuming 1 cup of chicken can meet the daily protein requirements of a pregnant woman by up to eighty percent.
- Chicken is also a source of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids.
- Chicken liver is a good source of vitamins and colin. It accelerates the brain and memory of infants in the early years after birth.
- Chicken liver also contains folate which helps prevent neural tube defects in infants.
- Chicken contains vitamin A and vitamin E, selenium and thiamine. These vitamins and minerals have antioxidant properties. These promote metabolism (metabolism) and also increase energy levels.
- Chicken supplies iron and zinc to the body which helps in the growth of new cells. Iron present in chicken is easily absorbed by the body.
- These minerals and nutrients aid in the development of the child’s organs, cells and bones. It also protects against diseases like diabetes, cholesterol and heart diseases.
2. Disadvantages of eating chicken in pregnancy
Eating chicken during pregnancy can cause the following disadvantages:
- No such matter has come to light so far that chicken contains any harmful substance or mineral. It has been considered one of the safest foods to eat during pregnancy. The only risk associated with chicken is due to Listeria bacteria. It is found in contaminated chicken and causes an infection called listeriosis. There is also a risk of preterm delivery, miscarriage, newborn infection or death due to listeriosis in pregnant women.
- According to studies, newborn deaths occur in 22% of preterm listeriosis cases. Cases of Listeria infection are not common in a pregnant woman but it is believed that pregnant women are more at risk of a disease or infection than normal women. This bacterium cannot survive at temperatures above 160 degrees Fahrenheit. That is why it is advisable to cook chicken above this temperature before eating to eliminate bacteria.
- Consuming raw and undercooked chicken can also cause a bacterial infection called Salmonella. This bacteria can cause salmonellosis food piecing. Symptoms of salmonellosis include nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps, diarrhea, fever, and headache, but in some cases, miscarriage may also occur.
- It is advisable to consult a doctor before deciding to include any food item during pregnancy.
3. How and how to eat chicken during pregnancy
According to medical advice, eating chicken during pregnancy is very beneficial, but it is always very harmful to eat any food item. Chicken should not be part of daily diet of the pregnant.
If someone likes to eat chicken very much or she eats chicken daily, in such a situation, during pregnancy, the pregnant woman is advised to eat only 100 grams of cooked chicken daily.
Chicken can also be eaten by boiling, frying it or making any other type of dish, but it is always to be remembered that pregnant woman should eat only fully cooked chicken. Undercooked chicken can be harmful during pregnancy. Fried chicken, chicken soup, sandwiches, burgers, salads, etc. can be consumed in any form.
4. Precautions to eat chicken during pregnancy
Some of the following precautions should be taken while eating chicken:
- Cook the chicken completely and eat it.
- Do not eat chicken by making it too hot.
- Cook the chicken in the right temperature so that all the bacteria present in the chicken is destroyed.
- Roast chicken purchased from the market should be eaten immediately or it should be re-heated after cooling in the refrigerator before eating again.
Eating chicken during pregnancy is absolutely healthy as chicken is a source of nutrients like protein, minerals and vitamins. Consumption of chicken helps in the development of cells, organs and bones of the fetus. Most doctors are not against eating chicken during pregnancy, yet chicken should consult a doctor before making it part of a pregnant woman’s diet during pregnancy as different things apply to different people because everyone’s Health and diet are not the same, so it is important to be safe during pregnancy. At this time, the mother has more responsibility for the child growing in the womb than herself.
The above information is for your knowledge. Advice of elders or advice of an expert is very important for any major decision. The Times Buzzer does not want you and your loved ones to have any kind of problem. Times Buzzer is always trying to give you the best information. If you like the information provided by us, then do share it with your friends. Thank you!