|Round Ligament Pain|
Round ligament pain usually occurs during pregnancy and approximately 10 to 30 percent of pregnant women go through this pain in the second trimester of pregnancy. This is a type of stomach ache.
What is round ligament pain?
Round ligament pain usually occurs during pregnancy and approximately 10 to 30 percent of pregnant women go through this pain in the second trimester of pregnancy. This is a type of stomach ache. Although it is normal to happen in pregnancy, but if the pain increases when walking, lifting some goods or changing positions, then it becomes a matter of concern. Round ligament pain may occur on one or both sides of the abdomen and in the axes and may also spread to the groin (the middle of the thigh and abdomen).
Causes of round ligament pain
The fibro-muscular combination connecting the upper end of the uterus and the pubic part is called the round ligament. This combination is clinically visible as a rope from top to bottom of the uterus and its length is from 10 to 12 cm.
The main function of the round ligament is to maintain the correct position of the uterus during pregnancy. In women, the round ligament is flexible and stable when not pregnant. However, during pregnancy both its length and width increase to support the uterus. Due to the increase in weight of the baby in pregnancy, this ligament causes more stretch and pain.
Round ligament pain is not a symptom of any disease. Round ligament pain may occur due to the following reasons:
- Laugh out loud
- Sudden change of position
- Standing fast
- Round ligament pain is stinging pain or mild pain in the groin or lower abdomen. This pain is cured on its own.
- In some cases, the pregnant woman may feel pain continuously. In such a situation it is necessary to consult a doctor to find out the exact cause of the pain.
- Apparent symptoms and the patient may have known round ligament pain from any previous problem. However, if pain is occurring due to some other reason, then doctors can get physical examination or examination to find out.
- If this is your first pregnancy, talk to the doctor for correct and complete information about round ligament pain and suggestions for dealing with it.
- Doppler ultrasonography may be recommended in some cases.
In most cases the round ligament pain goes away on its own, but the patient feels uncomfortable every time the pain arises.
You can try the following methods to get permanent relief from round ligament pain:
1. Hot Sickai
For quick relief from pain, you can compress with hot water or warm cloth.
2. Adequate rest:
The best way to get relief from round ligament pain is to rest. This helps the body reduce pain on its own. So take adequate rest and avoid doing more tiring work.
3. Regular stretching exercises
Some light exercises such as stretching help a lot in reducing the pain and discomfort caused by it. Folding of the joints of the wells can also relieve symptoms related to it. Avoid standing too long and lifting heavy objects. Also, round ligament pain can be avoided.
4. Do not move suddenly
A sudden jerk in the stomach causes round ligament pain, so avoid excessive movement during pregnancy. To avoid a stretch in the ligament, fold the axes during a cough, cold, or laugh.
5. Identify the reason:
The cause of round ligament pain may be different in every woman. Finding the cause will help to avoid pain.
When to talk to your doctor?
Talk to your doctor if you have any of the following symptoms:
- If there is pain despite enough rest
- Pain lasts longer
- Pain increases
- If pain is accompanied by bleeding, cramping (read more – due to pain and cramps in legs and legs during pregnancy)
- Fewer or more discharges or different vaginal discharges (read more – white vaginal water during pregnancy)
- Fever with pain, chills, nausea or vomiting
The time of pregnancy is very important. What women eat during pregnancy directly affects the child. During this time, it is very important to have a good and nutritious diet to keep the body healthy and healthy.
- Importance of nutrition in pregnancy
- Why is it important to have a balanced diet during pregnancy?
- What should be the balanced diet during pregnancy and why?
- Which vitamins and minerals are needed during pregnancy?
- Carbohydrate rich diet for pregnancy
- Importance of diet in pregnancy
- Foods to avoid during pregnancy
The above information is for your knowledge. Advice of elders or advice of an expert is very important for any major decision. The Times Buzzer does not want you and your loved ones to have any kind of problem. Times Buzzer is always trying to give you the best information. If you like the information provided by us, then do share it with your friends. Thank you!