Pregnancy symptoms week 17 are common. Due to the increasing weight, pain can start from your waist, ax to feet.
Seventeenth (17th) Week of Pregnancy
By the 17th week, you start to feel more comfortable with your pregnancy and understand the symptoms of pregnancy, then you also learn to deal with them. Your stomach also now looks like a pregnant woman.
You are in the 17th week of your pregnancy. Both you and your baby are fast moving towards the due date of delivery. Most of the physical problems are far away, now you must be thinking about your child. Let’s see how you will feel this week.
- Changes in body during 17th week of pregnancy
- Baby development in 17th week of pregnancy
- Ultrasound in 17th week of pregnancy
- Pregnancy tips for week 17
- Diet during 17th week of pregnancy
Changes in body during 17th week of pregnancy
By the 17th week your stomach will start showing up completely. The uterus enlarges to provide space for the baby to move around in the abdomen. Your uterus starts pushing the stomach, intestines up or out. You will feel more weight on your stomach when standing than sleeping and sitting.
Some women also sometimes feel sciatic pain in the veins of the feet, which can be very painful. The sciatic vein is the largest vein in the body and extends from the uterus to the entire leg.
The reason for this pain is usually the pressure on the nerves caused by the growing child. This problem can be reduced by standing at a place for a long time or by putting a pillow under the feet while sleeping.
Doctors may suggest other ways to relieve pain. Excessive sweating may also occur as the blood volume increases.
In addition, some women also experience vaginal discharge or nasal congestion. But these are common conditions and disappear on their own after childbirth.
Baby development in 17th week of pregnancy
At seventeen weeks of pregnancy, the baby is about 5½ inches long and weighs about 140 grams, which is more than the placenta. The length, strength and thickness of the umbilical cord increase. The child’s hearing capacity develops rapidly and for this reason, due to loud sounds, he starts to fear inside the womb itself.
The bones are fully developed and the ears are located in their right place. Fat tissue and vernix (the protective covering that develops on the skin of a newborn baby) develop and help to control body temperature.
A small skeleton is formed from soft bones. The bones are flexible which help in the birth of a child through the birth canal. If the child is a boy, then during this 17th week, the prostate glands are formed.
Ultrasound in 17th week of pregnancy
In this week’s ultrasound test, the baby’s small right hand is visible and you can see the bones of his delicate fingers. But he has not yet grown up enough to use his fingers. After being born, he will also learn to use his fingers, even he will start to hold your finger in his hand.
Pregnancy tips for week 17
Some women start having problems with Rashes from this week and also have new types of allergies. If you are also experiencing these symptoms, do not hesitate to talk to your doctor. (Read more – Doctor checkup during pregnancy)
- Do not take any medicine without doctor’s advice.
- If you are experiencing cramps or discomfort, change your standing, sitting or sleeping position.
Diet during 17th week of pregnancy
During the 17th week of pregnancy, your weight will start increasing gradually but you will have to check it periodically. This time is usually the time for your child’s brain and eye development. In addition, hormonal glands are also developing. You need to include some extra nutrients in your diet, such as omega-3 fatty acids, iodine, and vitamin D.
- Oily fish is a good source of omega 3 fatty acids, but you should not consume it twice a week because it contains polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) and dioxins (Dioxins), which are good for your health. Are not good.
- In foods, you can drink tofu, soybeans, walnuts, green leafy vegetables, eggs and milk to get omega 3 fatty acids.
- Salmon (a type of fish), shrimp, sardines (small fish), meat and eggs contain iodine.
- Among beverages, Apple Smoothie (a type of shake) and Rasam (soup name) are great Indian drinks for your health.
Read More it
Your baby will now weigh around 140 grams. Understand the size must have been about 13 centimeters long. Now he will be able to hear your voice and clarity. At this time if you hum something, it can also react with the voice.
Your 17th week symptoms will be very similar to those of the 16th week. If you discuss some new symptoms, you will see:
Black streak on stomach
If you are seeing a black streak on your stomach then it goes to the bottom of the navel in the middle of the stomach. It is called Linia nigra. It disappears automatically after delivery. It is common because it is caused by dilation of the skin of the stomach.
Dark spots will be visible on your neck, face and hands. These symptoms occur in 50 to 70 percent of women. These are normal. It is better to avoid them, do not go out in the sun too much time.
Heartburn, constipation will remain. This is due to the increasing size of your uterus. To avoid this, eat little by little instead of eating more food together. Continue morning exercise or walking.
Some women may have severe pain in one leg. This is due to pain in the sciatic nerve. This pain can reach your feet through the waist, the calf. This is happening because of the weight of you and your growing child. Avoid over-standing. Sleep on the side, keep a pillow between the knee and ankle.
Contact your doctor without any further trouble, but do not panic.
- First Month of Pregnancy:- Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4, Week 5.
- Second Month of Pregnancy:- Week 5, Week 6, Week 7, Week 8, Week 9.
- Third Month of Pregnancy:- Week 9, Week 10, Week 11, Week 12, Week 13.
- Fourth Month of Pregnancy:- Week 13, Week 14, Week 15, Week 16, Week 17.
- Fifth Month of Pregnancy:- Week 17, Week 18, Week 19, Week 20, Week 21.
- Sixth Month of Pregnancy:- Week 22, Week 23, Week 24, Week 25, Week 26.
- Seventh Month of Pregnancy:- Week 27, Week 28, Week 29, Week 30, Week 31.
- Eighth Month of Pregnancy:- Week 32, Week 33, Week 34, Week 35, Week 36.
- Ninth Month of Pregnancy:- Week 36, Week 37, Week 38, Week 39, Week 40.
The above information is for your knowledge. Advice of elders or advice of an expert is very important for any major decision. The Times Buzzer does not want you and your loved ones to have any kind of problem. Times Buzzer is always trying to give you the best information. If you like the information provided by us, then do share it with your friends. Thank you!