Ghee is a highly beneficial food item easily available in every kitchen. Ghee has many health benefits. Today, we will know when to eat ghee during pregnancy and in what quantity? How helpful is Ghee in normal delivery?
Ghee in pregnancy
Ghee lubricates the vagina and helps in normal delivery. Ghee is also effective in reducing labor pain. A pregnant woman needs only 200 calories to meet the nutritional needs of a growing fetus. A nutritious diet taken with ghee fulfills these calorie needs. However, intake of more amount of ghee can lead to weight gain.
- Benefits of eating ghee during pregnancy
- Disadvantages of eating ghee during pregnancy
- Eat ghee in what month and in what quantity
1. Benefits of eating ghee during pregnancy
Following are the benefits of eating ghee:
- Ghee contains ingredients such as omega 3 fatty acids, omega 9 fatty acids, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- Ghee relieves constipation during pregnancy.
- Consuming ghee helps in the brain development of the child. (Read more – Home remedies to speed up the mind)
- It improves digestion.
- Ghee proves to be very beneficial in nurturing a child.
2. Disadvantages of eating ghee during pregnancy
Ghee has no side effects if consumed in moderation. Apart from this, ghee is a source of fat but consuming more amount of ghee can also cause the following disadvantages:
- Excessive intake of ghee can cause the weight of both the pregnant woman and the baby to be more than normal.
- In the last weeks of pregnancy, excessive intake of ghee and decreased physical activity can increase the chances of normal delivery.
3. Eat ghee in what month and in what quantity
Ghee can be eaten during pregnancy from the early trimester to the last trimester. In pregnancy, about two to three teaspoons of ghee can be added to the pregnant’s diet. According to medical advice, six tablespoons of fat should be taken daily, with 10 to 12% saturated fat (ghee).
Though there are some disadvantages of eating ghee, there are only benefits of ghee but still there is a need to be more safe during pregnancy, so before taking any food, both good and bad aspects should be looked at. To avoid problems in pregnancy, the doctor must be consulted before adding ghee to the pregnant’s diet.
The above information is for your knowledge. Advice of elders or advice of an expert is very important for any major decision. The Times Buzzer does not want you and your loved ones to have any kind of problem. Times Buzzer is always trying to give you the best information. If you like the information provided by us, then do share it with your friends. Thank you!