Pregnancy is a time when there is nothing more important than caring for a pregnant woman’s diet. At this time, the same question remains in everyone’s mind, what should be avoided. Most of the foods which are beneficial are known to all, but what things should be avoided and why, only a few people know about them.
Chinese food in or during Pregnancy
Today, through this article, we will know what is the effect of Chinese cuisine in pregnancy? During this time should you eat Chinese dishes or not?
One should stay away from Chinese food during pregnancy for the following reasons:
- Chinese cuisine contains monosodium glutamate. Pregnant woman should avoid them because consuming them can cause allergic reactions. It can cause headaches as well as heat.
- Mono sodium glutamate is used in Chinese cuisine to enhance flavor. Eating Chinese food during pregnancy can increase the problem of morning sickness. It may cause face and neck numbness and nervousness.
- Chinese food contains excessive amount of salt which can increase sodium levels during pregnancy and due to this the amount of water in the body (water retention) can increase.
- If someone is already allergic to mono sodium glutamate before pregnancy, then they should avoid Chinese food. During this time, eating Chinese food can cause problems such as vomiting, nausea, headaches and frequent sleep disturbances. (Read more – Ayurvedic remedy for sound sleep)
- A major reason for not recommending these foods is that they are likely to contain deadly bacteria called Listeria or Salmonella which may prove harmful to the infant and pregnant woman.
- The human body also produces glutamate naturally and is also found in fruits and vegetables, the mono sodium glutamate used in Chinese food is made from sugar which is harmful to the health of both mother and child. Avoiding is best during pregnancy.
- Monosodium glutamate can damage brain and nervous system development.
Why should one not eat Chinese food during pregnancy? All the above points are sufficient to answer this question. Despite this, if a pregnant woman wants to eat Chinese food, then it would be better to consult a doctor. Pregnancy should not include anything in your diet without the advice of a doctor. If every food has its benefits then it also has its disadvantages, so it would be prudent to take precautions.
Many women like Chinese food very much and they want to eat it in pregnancy too, but this time they should stay away from Chinese cuisine. At this time, as much as nutritious diet is taken, it is healthy for both mother and child.
The above information is for your knowledge. Advice of elders or advice of an expert is very important for any major decision. The Times Buzzer does not want you and your loved ones to have any kind of problem. Times Buzzer is always trying to give you the best information. If you like the information provided by us, then do share it with your friends. Thank you!